On Fri, 5 Feb 1999 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> i was never a big fairport fan but i will say richard thompson deserves a
> listen....his work with his ex linda is good stuff and his solo work after
> that is excellant....great guitar player and songwriter....

Wow, I consider the above completely correct....but quite an
understatement.

In my opinion, Richard Thompson is one of the most important and
influential artists of the late 70's/80's.  His swansong albums with
Linda: _I Want to See the Bright Lights Tonight_ and _Shoot Out the
Lights_ are two definite desert island recordings for me.

NP: Freedy Johnston - This Perfect World

Jerry