I'm finally catching up with some relatively new music, in particular
Cisco. This guy and his band are very good, and I'm wondering if there's
any "buzz" about them in the music biz. I know there was a bit of talk
about Cisco on the list a month or so ago, but at the time I hadn't heard
the record, so it didn't mean much to me. The record comes off to these
ears as an appealing mix of Chris Knight and Jack Ingram, and the very
straightforward, simple production works well. So, thus far in 99, this
one's on my top 10 list. But, of course, as of Feb. 23, it'll have some
company. And now I've gotta add the Damnations TX to my wanna buy list,
too. Terry Smith

ps I was wondering whether there's much in country music lyricizing about
doing your taxes. Somebody's gotta have done "The 1040 Blues," right?