Another strong Thompson fan here--since all the way back.  Yes l'il
punksters, I played Fairport Convention on the radio fromwhen they were
first new.

(Does this qualify  me as a one-time  "fucking hippie"?  It's well-known
that Unhalfbricking and What We Did on Our Holidays sound exactly like "We
Built This City" after all....so I must have had bad taste in
advance...Does this make me STILL a fukcking hippie?  Or the other kind?  A
non-fucking hippie? A fucking music fan?  Verbose? )

Meanwhile, tapes of that last Richard and Linda tour show some of the
battles creeping out onto the stage. The May '82 Bottom Line show, right
here in  greater Green-Witch Village, is one of those shows.  Twang
content: Richard performs "Hony Tonk Blue;" he almost always did Hank
Williams and Jerry Lee Lewis then--in a desperate attempt, soon to be
fulfilled, to go fairly utterly American. (Never 100%!)...

Anyway,  at one point the audience calls, as per usual, for Richard's Brit
folk-rock anthem. Meet on the Ledge"..and Linda yells back, dripping, "Meet
on the Ledge! You want Mett on the Ledge?  All I ever got was Meat in the
Fridge!'  They then proceed to offer up a then-new Richard song Linda
refers to as "Don't Ron-Reagan Our Love....(that was, hinbt, "Don't Renege
on our Love"...

Thought you'd like to know.

Barry