On Mon, 8 Feb 1999, Steve Gardner wrote:

> For those of you who like the Ray Price Essentials CD I'd recommend going
> out and getting the Roy Acuff Essentials CD.  They aren't exactly the same,
> Roy is a little more oldtime and a little less honky tonk when compared to
> Ray Price.  I seem to think though that if you like one, you'll like the
> other.  I, at least, do.

"A little more oldtime and a little less honky tonk"?  How about a *lot*
more oldtime and a *lot* less honky tonk.  There ain't a lot of
similarities between the two, near as I can tell.  I'd recommend Acuff to
folks who were checkin' out the roots of Hank Williams though -- Acuff was
one of his biggest singin' influences.--don