Howdy,

I was muchly pleased with this week's rendition of a Tennessee Saturday
Night and, quite immodestly, I'd say that the phone calls received during
the show indicate that this week's play list was one of the more popular
ones I've put together.

Quick side note: I stumbled upon a great disc at the Disc Exchange on
Saturday morning. "Hillbilly Boogie," from Columbia Legacy ca. 1994. Lots of
great stuff on it from Johnny Bond, Al Dexter, Spade Cooley, Curley Wiliams
and more. What a great find -- some great music that generated some real
excited voices on the other end of the phone line.

Another good find this weekend-- "Rumble! The Best of Link Wray" from Rhino.

Anyway, the show was a fun one and here's how it sounded:

(Contact information, etc., follows the playlist)

Tennessee Saturday Night -- Show #20 -- 7 PM to 10 PM
WDVX-FM -- Clinton/Knoxville, TN -- February 6, 1999

Tennessee Saturday Night -- Red Foley with the Cumberland Valley Boys --
Heroes of Country Music, Vol. 2 -- Rhino
Jackson -- Johnny Cash -- The Essential Johnny Cash -- Columbia
Goodbye Good Lookin' -- Robbie Fulks -- South Mouth -- Bloodshot

My Dixie Darling -- The Carter Family -- From the Vaults: Decca Country
Classics -- MCA
How Mountain Girls Can Love -- Ricky Skaggs -- Ancient Tones -- Skaggs
Family
Brown Eyed Handsome Man -- Mollie O'Brien -- Big Red Sun -- Sugar Hill
Cloudy Days -- Alison Krauss and Union Station -- Every Time You Say
Goodbye -- Rounder

Take It Away, Leon -- Leon McAuliffe and His Western Swing Band -- Hillbilly
Boogie -- Columbia
Always Left -- Lefty Frizzell -- Look What Thoughts Will Do -- Columbia
Stay a Little Longer -- Pine Valley Cosmonauts with Neko Case and Bob
Boyd -- Salutes the Majesty of Bob Wills -- Bloodshot

Ring of Fire -- Dwight Yoakum -- Guitars, Cadillacs, Etc., Etc. -- Reprise
The Ballad of Thunder Road -- R.B. Morris -- Take That Ride -- Oh Boy
There Goes My Love -- BR5-49 -- Big Backyard Beat Show -- Arista

If You've Got the Money -- George Jones -- Cup of Loneliness -- Mercury
Party Lights -- Junior Brown -- Guit with It -- Curb
Saturday Night Boogie -- Al Dexter and His Troopers -- Hillbilly Boogie --
Columbia
We're Steppin' Out Tonight -- Bobby Hicks with Del McCoury -- Fiddle
Patch -- Rounder

Six Pack of Tears -- The Deliberate Strangers -- Mood Music for Snake
Handlers -- Payday
Farewell Angelina -- Tim O'Brien -- Red on Blonde -- Sugar Hill
Amanda -- Waylon Jennings -- The Essential Waylon Jennings -- RCA

Gun Shy -- The Cadillac Cowgirl with Her Back Door Men -- High on the Hog --
Sur
Lights of the Town -- The Countrypolitans -- Tired of Drowning --
Ultrapolitan
Better off Believin' -- Hillbilly Idol -- Town and Country -- HBI
She Held the Bottle -- Hogwaller Ramblers -- Hogwaller Ramblers -- Mea Culpa

Workin' Man Blues -- Merle Haggard -- Collectors Series -- Capitol
Ain't Necessarily So -- Lynn Morris -- Mama's Hand -- Rounder
Heartaches for a Dime -- Wynn Stewart -- California Country: The Best of the
Challenge Masters -- AVI

New Broom Boogie -- Al Dexter and His Troopers -- Hillbilly Boogie --
Columbia
Shake, Rattle & Roll -- Elvis Presley -- Elvis 56 -- RCA
Oh, Lonesome Me -- Don Gibson -- RCA Nashville Classics: The 50s -- RCA

If I Had a Boat -- Lyle Lovett -- Pontiac -- MCA/Curb
Mary -- The V-Roys -- All About Town -- E-Squared
Bluebell -- Greg Trooper -- Popular Demons -- Koch

I've Got a Tiger by the Tail -- Buck Owens -- The Very Best of Buck Owens,
Vol. 1 -- Rhino
I Never Picked Cotton -- Johnny Cash -- Unchained -- American
Night Train to Memphis -- Dolly Parton -- Heartsongs -- Blue Eye

Misery Loves Company -- Porter Wagoner -- The Essential Porter Wagoner --
RCA
Framed -- Chris Knight -- Chris Knight -- Decca
Kiss an Angel Good Morning -- Heather Myles -- Highways and Honky Tonks --
Rounder
Coal Miner's Daughter -- Loretta Lynn -- From the Vaults: Decca Country
Classics -- MCA

The Cigarette Song -- Honky Tonk Confidential -- Honky Tonk Confidential --
Too Many Dogs
Smoke! Smoke! Smoke! -- Johnny Bond and His Red River Valley Boys --
Hillbilly Boogie -- Columbia
Pop a Top -- Jim Ed Brown -- Heroes of Country Music, Vol. 2 -- Rhino
Cigarettes and Coffee Blues -- Lefty Frizzell -- Look What Thoughts Will
Do -- Columbia

Across the Alley from the Alamo -- Pine Valley Cosmonauts with Robbie
Fulks -- Salutes the Majesty of Bob Wills -- Bloodshot
Smoky Mountain Boogie -- Tennessee Ernie Ford -- Vintage Collections --
Capitol
I Like My Chicken Fryin' Size -- Merle Travis -- The Best of Merle Travis --
Rhino
Big Ball's in Cowtown -- Don Walser -- The Horse Whisperer -- MCA

There's A Party Goin' On -- Wanda Jackson -- Right or Wrong/There's A Party
Goin' On -- TNT
Dixie-Doodle -- Link Wray -- Rumble! The Best of Link Wray -- Rhino
Pink Pedal Pushers -- Carl Perkins -- Restless: The Columbia Recordings --
Columbia

(...and for the drunk fella who kept calling to say, "Play some Hank!"...)

Your Cheatin' Heart -- Hank Williams -- 24 of Hank Williams' Greatest
Hits -- Mercury
I'm Movin' On -- Hank Snow and His Rainbow Ranch Boys -- Classic County
Music: A Smithsonian Collection, Vol 2 -- RCa
Sugarfoot Rag -- Hank Garland -- From the Vaults: Decca Country Classics --
MCA
Send Me the Pillow You Dream On -- Hank Locklin -- RCA Nashville Classics:
The 50s -- RCA
Total Stranger -- Hank Thompson with Lyle Lovett -- Hank Thompson and
Friends -- Curb

Long and Slow Decline -- One Riot One Ranger -- Side Tracks -- Haydens Ferry
(2/11@Birds Eye View)
Send My Body -- Randy Travis -- Storms of Life -- Warner Brothers

And that is how a Tennessee Saturday Night should sound...at least to these
untrained ears.

If you have questions, comments, a tax refund check to donate, or music to
send for air play consideration, contact me at:

Shane Rhyne
208 W. Glenwood Avenue, #2
Knoxville, TN 37917

Thanks for reading. Tune in to the show when you're in the neighborhood.

Take care,

Shane Rhyne
Knoxville, TN
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

NP: The Allman Brothers Band, _Legendary Hits_