On Tue, 9 Feb 1999 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I'd like to ask if there's anyone out there interested in applying for one
> of these, when they become available. Just wondering what the possibilities
> are for forming a network of these stations that would feature nothing but
> the good stuff. "This is the P2 Radio Network."
> Jim, smilin'

I've long been more interested in what's now politely being termed
"microbroadcasting," but the price of entry there is too high (not the
literal cost of equipment, but the electronics knowledge needed and the
potential penalty). So I've been following this, and I hope it happens
(and I hope microbroadcasting is also allowed, which the article didn't
address). I don't know if I'd be interested in *applying* for one, but
assuming a station couldn't be a one-person operation, I'd be interested
in being involved with one.

If any Chicagoans have gotten this far: A few weeks ago, the Reader had a
piece on a local pirate station. Anyone ever heard it or know where and
when to find it on the dial?

Bob