<< What is this Buck Buck--an all-female Fat Albert cover band? Anyway, if I
 like the Muffs--which I do--how do they compare? Screaming vocals,
 Brit-pop-punk? Hotter or colder? What the hell's up with the Muffs anyway? I
 know they played a show in the Bay Area within the last couple of weeks.
 Does that mean a new album is in the offing? >>

No Lance, it's Buck, and the album is unnamed, which led me to call it most
journalistically as Buck. So then you got Buck, Buck. Got it? Not sure I do.
Anyway, they are mostly like the Muffs, if still less refined and at their
infancy. Maybe a little less Ramones and little more early Go Gos than the
Muffs. As for that band, after being raked over the coals by Warners, they are
now on Fat Records, the label by the boys in NOFX. Not sure when a release is
due, but it's always a treat when hat does happen.

Twangless,

Neal Weiss