> Then there's "Hey Joe". Not the Boudleaux Bryant tune,
> but the one written by Chet Powers, aka Dino Valenti,
> who is also the author of the hippie anthem "Get Together".

There's a pretty twangy - and oddball - version of that on Jerry Douglas'
Slide Rule (Sugar Hill), with Jerry, Artie McGlynn on guitar and Tim O'Brien
on mandolin and vocal.  Why anyone would want to record anything, ever,
without a good strong bass track is beyond me, but there you have it...

Jon Weisberger  Kenton County, KY [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://home.fuse.net/jonweisberger/