Thanks to everybody who responded. My head's a little clearer today, I came up
with a couple more. Based on what's available in our library, for those
interested, here's the list I've come up with:

BR-549 - Knoxville Girl
Honky Tonk Confidential - Fourty-Four
Steve Earle - Taneytown (? Gotta listen to this one, but I think he kills
*someone*)
Dean Hall - Ghost of James Bell
Ray Wylie Hubbard - Wanna Rock 'n Roll
Buckwheat Zydeco - Hey Joe
Waylon Jennings - Out of Jail
Asylum Street Spankers - Lee Harvey (don't fit, but couldn't resist...back and
to the left)
Earfood - Junco Partner
Steve James - Frankie and Albert
Hollisters - Deacon Brown
Terry Allen - Ourland (can't resist a song that includes garroting <g>)

Thanks again.

Joe Horn

<<
 On Thu, 11 Feb 1999 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

 > All I can think of for sure is - NY's Down By The River.
 > Somebody hep me, please.

> Thanks in advance.

  "Son, Oh Son" by Boiled in Lead, on "Orb". Better cuz the baby he cuts
 down is his sister.

 jamie
 www.hogwaller.com
 "An analog band trapped in a digital world."