Naras has a foundation called MusicCares that can help pay when musicians need
help. I know people who have had their rent paid, gotten stuff out of pawn,
equipment stolen and then replaced, and medical, even substance abuse.

You don't have to be a NARAS member to get it, just a 5 year history of really
being in the music biz, (musician, session dudette, songwriter, liner notes,
music critic etc.) Even part-time musicians.

Tell anyone you know who needs help to contact them, or me and I will hook
them up. Just last Thursday we had a Valentines MusicCare Health Fair and any
musician and thier family who showed up got a free physical.

Last Saturday I had a disaster at my house, a tree fell on the roof and
knocked  five 8 inch holes in it, plus a 24 inch skylight in my office. The
structural damage weakened the beams under the house and the entire big ass
back porch sank in on Monday night, collapsed, and separated from the rest of
the house. It is pretty much a fucking mess. Green acreas may have to be
condemed. But if it does, and I have to move, MusicCares is there and can help
if I need it. I have already had many people ask about helping from
MusicCares, even though right now I am not out any dough, just stressed and
need Jack Daniels.

Tell people you know who need help. Even funeral expenses. I'm tired of
hearing about all these down o thier luck hard working musicians when
MusicCares can't find enough people to help....

Love,
Nancy