> Sheesh, isn't everyone?? <g>.  I'll still put their "Making Believe" up
>  against any rock cover of a country song....

     And then Jon wrote something like "good thing that <g> is in there"
(which *was* funny).  That said tho, Nessie does have the ability, at least
lyrically, to write many great country songs; "I Was Wrong" off of that last
record they did (I think it was the last) was as powerful as any post-punk
song I've ever heard, one of those songs that slices right into the core of
the listener with a "man, that's a little too close to home" feeling-at least
it did for me.  I'd love to heard a country-oriented act cover that.
      He's a little too limited in the sound and type of songs he writes w/
Social Distortion, but I wouldn't put anything past the guy.  If this thing is
really gonna be an acoustic folkish-country record I'll be there the day it's
released.

Dan, still laughing at the Brooks/Padres clips.....