>Prince has also been cited by Chuck D. as a profound influence, while Dr.
>Dre has pointed to the Black Album as a major influence on NWA.

If someone's already pointed this out, sorry, but I've been gone doing Mardi
Gras stuff all weekend, and I didn't get any of Saturday or Sunday's
messages. Anyway, for the record, Dr. Dre was in a pre-NWA group known as
the World Class Wreckin' Cru, which began as a shameless Prince
knock-off--lace and all. And, then, NWA's "look" was an open bite of
Run-DMC--according to MC Ren, anyway. As for Chuck and PE, I like to think
Coltrane's sheets-of-sound, late-50's/early 60's stuff was a precursor to
the PE/Bomb Squad sound. But, maybe that's just me.

Lance . . .