Lance Davis writes:

>2) Is there a version of "Knoxville Girl" which would be considered
>"definitive?" If so, who? If not, who are the candidates?

     For my money, it'd be the Louvin Brothers' version, but your mileage
may vary.  BR5-49 also did a decent version on their live EP that
probably turned a lot of younger folks onto the song.  I don't have my
copy of the "Billboard" book in front of me, but I believe that the
Wilburn Brothers also had a decent hit with the song circa 1960.
                                        --Jon Johnson
                                           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                           Wollaston, Massachusetts