I posted some stuff about the NEA thing in Nashville to the flufflist, but
this seems worthy of wider distribution, especially since CK inadvertently
posted that whole frothy thing earlier today...

<<Speaking of that party, I've got to rave about Hayseed.  My initial
apprehension on having him introduced to me as just "Hayseed" evaporated when
he started to sing; an incredible bonus was seeing recent Ricky Skaggs and Ky.
Thunder emigre Bryan Sutton flatpickin' with Mr. Seed.  It looks like you all
will have ample chances to catch the guy at SXSW, as he's showcasing (I
believe) as well as playing at the Saturday MoM/ND party at the Broken Spoke.
Imagine Hank Jr. if he weren't a ridiculous parody of himself, and you'll just
be starting to get an idea of the kind of voice this guy has.  REAL country.

Got to give it up to the Ex-Husbands, too.  Why these guys still labor in
semi-obscurity while bands infinitely their inferiors get accolades
is beyond me.  If more alt-country was like this, I wouldn't bitch about
it so much.>>

  Mark Wyatt * [EMAIL PROTECTED] * One Riot One Ranger * Columbus, OH
  http://members.aol.com/oneriot/oneriot.html
  ** "That ain't no part of bluegrass...
                             that ain't no part of nothin'" (Bill Monroe) **