Since the always humble Ms. Kessler hasn't blown her own horn about
this (at least as far as I've seen), and I don't think Steve Rosen's lurking
around here anymore, I wanted to make sure the Chicago contingent
noticed there will be an all-too-rare appearance of our town's old-time
string band homiez, the Volo Bogtrotters, at the Hideout this Saturday.   In
my uninformed yet vehement opinion, there is no better old-time band in
the land.  My only complaint is that it's a late show so that I can't take my
kids along; they're big fans too.  In fact, since I'm on my own with the
kids this weekend, I probably won't make it either -- which means the
rest of you have absolutely no excuse for missing it.  For those of you
lucky enough to be seeing Iris or Solas earlier that evening, this would be
a perfect nightcap.

yr old-time mule,

Tom

np: "Deserter's Songs" - Mercury Rev