>. But when all is said and done, it's the music that matters.
>And that is not the message these mega-festivals send to the bands.
>The bands are sent a very different message.

I thought that NEA came off pretty well, which totally shocked the
hell out of me. Up until the event started, I was complaining loudly how
unorganized it was. I couldn't get anyone on the phone. It was nearly impossible
to find out essential information like show, load-in, and sound check times.

I recently read an interview with the director of NEA. It appears that he only
took
over the event in September. The previous director and event coordinator quit
over
the summer. Now, I've planned big events. Five months is not nearly enough time
to prepare for something like NEA. I can't believe he even pulled it off.

The event went very smoothly. Bands started on time. Sound checks and the like
seemed to go smoothly. Great networking opportunities. All the bands that
I spoke to said that they had very positive experience. Sponsor presence was
subdued.
NEA really seemed to be about the bands and the music.

marie

np: Hadacol