My latest ebay acquisition (and count me among those of you who have
bought an un-needed accordian from this site!!!!! I think I'm going to have
to have a feature (on the soon-to-be-launched ezine) called Accordian
Tales! stories of people who have been forced by supernatural powers
to buy accordians on ebay!  --- anyway, by latest ebay acqusition is the
sheet music to Wah! Hoo!, by Cliff Friend.

The question: what movie was this song featured in? The song was
written in 1946, i know that Riders in the Sky have recorded it, and
Garrison K has sung it on his radio show.
The movie is a mid-30s musical with the typical Depression-era
good-times-are-just-around-the-corner attitude. All I remember of the
song is cowgirls in full cowgirl getup RIDING stationary HOBBY HORSES
in a most --er-- coquettish? way and singing Wah Hoo, Wah Hoo, Wah
Hoo. I was so happy when my hunch that the sheet music I bid on and
bought turned out to be right. The lyrics go:
   Way out west where men are men and women are very sweet
                  that's where I wanna be, that's where I'm gonna be
   Way out west just once again where happiness is complete
                  there's just one thing I miss -- and it is this.....

Oh gimme a horse, a great big horse and gimme a buckaroo, and let me
    Wah! Hoo! Wah! Hoo! Wah! Hoo
Oh! gimme a ranch, a big pair of pants and gimme a stetson too and let
me.... you get the idea.    I love this song!
but what's the movie?????? (driving me crazy)
diana