I have a pre-release tape of the new Ray Wiley Hubbard studio album due
out on Philo later this year.  Very nice passionate stuff that picks up
where Dangerous Spirits left off.  Lloyd Maines produced with the usual
cast of characters plus a bunch of greasy slide guitar from Ray himself
and some nice vocals from Patty Griffin.

Lots of gritty Gospel folk concerning down to earth/metaphysical
dilemnas, and the small-room band sound is really appealing to me.

anyways, add this to the list of great music due out later this year.

-jim