The Boudin Barndance - 2/18/99
Dan Ferguson
WRIU-FM, 90.3 Kingston, RI
Thursdays 6-9 pm

NEA fallout dominated tonight's opening set.  Also went West for a set
(inspired by some great performances by Cisco & the Reasons Why and Mark
Insley down at NEA).  Also previewed the Cajun & Zydeco Mardi Gras Ball
happenin' at a monstrous ballroom here in R.I. on Saturday night.  Lots of new
stuff too.   First-time Barndance spins this evening included new stuff from
Vince Bell (thank you Sarah!), the Waco Brothers, the Bad Livers reissue, the
very hot duo of Dave Biller & Jeremy Wakefield, Balfa Toujours, Chris Ardoin &
Double Clutchin', and the various artists compilation "West Texas Bop."  Butt-
Shaker of the night?  "Tiffany Two-Step" from Chris Ardoin& Double Clutchin'.
Onto the goods....

Buck Owens, et al/ Buckaroo / Box Set / Rhino   (intro)

.......... NEA FALL-OUT .........
Vince Bell / All Through My Days / Texas Plates (One Man's Music)
Geoff Muldaur / Someday Baby / The Secret Handshake (Hightone)
Lonesome Bob / Plans We Made / Things Fall Apart (#Past)
Allison Moorer / Set You Free / Alabama Song (MCA)
Jim Roll / Old Love / ready to Hang (OMC)

Dave Alvin / (I Won't Be) Leaving / King of California (Hightone)
Josh Rouse / Suburban Sweetheart / Dressed Up Like Nebraska (Slow River)
Silos / Mom Out Dancing / Heater (#Past)
Waco Bros / The Hand that Throws the Bottle Down / WacoWorld (Bloodshot)
Bad Livers / Precious Memories / Dust on the Bible (1/4stick)

........go west!! ............
Merle Haggard / Look Over Me / Sing Me Back Home (KOCH)
Dwight Yoakam / Bury Me / Guitars, Cadillacs, etc, etc (Reprise)
Cisco / Bad Man / Wishing You Well from the Pink Motel (Propellant
Transmission)
Mark Insley / 6 Feet Under / Good Country Junk (CTM)
Jorgenson & Maddox / No Better Place / The Moon is Rising (CTM)
Sammy Masters / Help You Dream / Everybody Digs (Dionysus)
Biller & Wakefield / Siamese Strings / The Hot Guitars of ... (HMG)

......happy 85th pee wee!!.....
Pee Wee King / Birmingham Bounce / Rompin' Stompin' Singin' Swingin' (Bear
Family)

Bobby Bare / When the Wind Blows (In Chicago) / Best of (R&T)
Webb Pierce / Love, Love, Love / The Wondering Boy (Bear Family)
Skeets McDonald / I'm Sorry to Say I'm Sorry / Don't Let the Stars Get in Your
Eyes (Bear Family)
Spade Cooley / Guess I've Been Dreaming / Spadella (Legacy)
Ernest Tubb / Pass the Booze / Waltz Across Texas (Bear Family)
Loretta Lynn / Honky Tonk Girl / Honk Tonk Girl (MCA)
Webb Pierce / Honky Tonk Song / The Wondering Boy (Bear Family)

Faron Young / It's a Great Life / Live Fast Love Hard (CMF)
Sonny West / Sweet Rockin'  Baby / West Texas Bop (Ace)
Bobby Sisco / Honky Tonk Rhythm / Get With the Beat: Marvel Masters (Ryko)
Tiny Harris / Double Clutchin' Truck Line / Overloaded Diesel (Gusto)
Sonny George / The Truck Stops Here / Truckin' Country (SpinOut)
The Sovines / High-Ballin' the Jack / Owner-Operator (Semi-Tone)
Tom Leach / Tire / Live (Slow River)

Chris Ardoin, et al / Tiffany Two-Step / Turn the Page (Rounder)
Steve Riley, et al / King Zydeco / Bayou Ruler (Rounder)
Steve Riley, et al / Mardi Gras Jig / 'tit Galop Pour Mamou (Rounder)
Balfa Toujours / Marshall's Club / La Pointe (Rounder)
Bois Sec Ardoin & Balfa Toujours / Sundown Special / Allons Danser (Rounder)
Chris Ardoin, et al / Double Clutchin' Old Style / Turn the Page (Rounder)
Lawrence "Black" Ardoin / Tu Le Ton Son Ton / & his French Band (Arhoolie)

Burton & Mooney / Corn Pickin' / Legends of Country Guitar / Rhino  (outro)

Enjoy.
Boudin Dan

N.P. - Rex Allen