Down here in the wilderness of SE Ohio, I don't hear about these great
Columbus shows. Criminently, Alvin AND Chris Gaffney playing the same
bill. I'd have walked to Columbus for that. Chris Gaffney has put out
three of my favorite records of the past 10 or so years. His tune, "The
Garden," is a T.S. classic. And that "Cowboys to Indians," or whatever
it's called, is a great cover, as Matt said. It doesn't hurt when Lucinda
is pitching in. -- Terry Smith

ps  so what, specifically, is the Damnations TX's song "Kansas" about?
There's no lyrics in the record, so I haven't been able to ferret out the
words precisely, but the tune apparently involves the "bloody Kansas"
pre-Civil War period (or maybe post-Civil War?). I thought it was pretty
neat that a band has enough historical savvy to make a (very good) song
out of a fairly obscure historical reference point. Or maybe they're
singing about the rock band...