On Fri, 19 Feb 1999, Terry A. Smith wrote:

> > Bob's  P.S.: I think the reason for the references to the Louvin Bros.
> > toward Damnations TX is that they actually sound like Freakwater, and
> > *they* sound like the Louvin Bros., as we all know. <g>
>
> This is funny. The review where they mentioned the Louvins comparison
> appeared in USA Today (at least the one I read), but they also compared
> The Damnations TX's harmonies to Exene and John Doe of X, who themselves
> have been compared to Gracie Slick and Paul Kantner (or was it Marty
> Balin?) of Jefferson Airplane. So we've got the Jefferson Airplane, The
> Louvin Brothers, X, Damnation TX, and Freakwater, all harmonizing like
> sick dogs in some delirious record reviewer's head. -- Terry Smith

Well, I'm not going to compare anyone's harmonies to anyone else's,
perhaps ever if I'm lucky, but on the other hand I *like* Damnations TX,
which means that as far as I'm concerned they're much, much better than
the unlistenable Freakwater.

But yeah, that reviewer would probably be an interesting person to talk
to. Once. <g>

Bob