I saw Hadacol last night here in Nashville. It was a sadly
unattended show. I have no doubt in my mind that Ronni
and I were the only ones there to see Hadacol.

I was really impressed. It's kind of refreshing to hear
a little keyboard mixed with your alt-country.
They are good players who write good songs. My initial
impression of the disc was that it was just a rung
above standard generic alt-country with a few stand-out
tracks. But, the more I listened to it, the more I dug it.
I liked them even better live. They put a bit of a twist
on things (a song about a recently deceased father done
as a polka. It really was touching.). I'm guessing they
have some punk rock roots. Does anyone else hear
strains of the Minutemen in Hadacol? There was something
vaguely familiar about the vocals. I thought that it might be X,
but then it hit me - D Boone. Am I crazy? Does anyone else
hear it?

Anyway, I recommend seeing them. I had a great time at their show.

marie