Lest you think your Twang Gang is employing the House impeachment manager
method of news dissemination, we thought we'd better let y'all in on what's
been going on with plans for Twangfest 3 (June 10-12 in St. Louis, as you'll
recall), rather than just let things sorta leak out.

(1) Headliners:  Yes, we have confirmed a date with the Damnations TX for
Twangfest.  They'll be headlining on Friday June 11.  We've got offers out to
some other great folks, too, so the fireworks ain't over yet.

(2) Other Bands:  The band selection committee is questioning their sanity as
we speak, as they pore over the nearly 50 submissions for the remaining
Twangfest performance slots.  Lots of great bands stepped up to the plate, so
we should have one hell of a lineup to announce at the end of the process.
Stay tuned.

(3) Non-Profit Status: Yes, with the aid of some generous pro bono legal aid,
we are indeed applying for our humble cause to be a non-profit organization.
This shields the committee members from personal liability, and more
importantly, it means that all donations to Twangfest are TAX-DEDUCTIBLE.
Which leads me to...

(4) Sponsorship:  The kind folks at No Depression Magazine have already signed
on to be a sponsor of Twangfest 3, and while we doubt they'll go for our
suggestion of changing their name to No Twangfest Depression, they will be
giving us even higher visibility than we've had previously.  If you know of a
deep-pocketed, or even medium-deep-pocketed organization or company who would
like to market themselves to the twang community, please pass along the info to
Marie Arsenault at [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Once again, we emphasize that
all money given to Twangfest will be TAX-DEDUCTIBLE.

(5) Friends of Twangfest:  This year, we'd like to make it possible for you to
help defray the ever-increasing costs of staging Twangfest--*and* save money on
your taxes next year.  For a $100 donation, you will be an official Friend of
Twangfest, which will get you a pass for all three days, a Twangfest 3 T-shirt,
and an "Edges From the Postcard 2" CD.  Not only that, but your name will be
announced from the stage of the Off Broadway club by one of our dashing emcees.
Donations of *any* amount will be most welcome, though, and any dough you part
with will be...you guessed it, TAX DEDUCTIBLE.  Contact Marie Arsenault
at the address above for more details.

(6) Web site:  Yes, we're in the process of making the www.twangfest.com web
site even more informative than ever.  Right now you can see the brand-new
Twangfest 3 logo, which will be emblazoned over all our ads, posters, T-shirts,
and condoms.  We even have a slogan this year: "Wanna Sit In?", which won out
over such suggestions as "Wanna Have A Warm Beer?" and "Wanna Help Me Drag Alex
Millar Out Of His Room?"

There will be lots more info to come, but in the interest of X-Files style full
disclosure, we thought we ought to fill you in on at least this much.  If
you've got questions or suggestions, please direct them to us at
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Muchas smooches,

Your Twang Gang
[EMAIL PROTECTED] * www.twangfest.com