A buddy of mine saw Slaid last night  in San Marcos, Tx, backed by a band
which included Gurf Morlix on guitar.  News from Slaid includes a new URL
address: <<http://www.slaid.com>>; and a new album produced by Gurf which
he is hoping will see the streets by September.

On another note, and I hate to pass on what might well be a rumor,  Slaid
played Walser's "Cowboy Ramsey," as usual, but preceded the song by saying
that he had received word that Don was not feeling well lately and had to
cut a show or two short.   My friend didn't ask for more info, so it might
well be that nothing is seriously wrong with Walser, but I thought I'd ask
you guys if anyone has any more info.

Chad Cosper

Chad Cosper
Dept. of English