Playlist for Progressive Torch and Twang
Tuesdays, 8 p.m. to midnight
WDBM, 88.9 FM, G-4 Holden Hall, East Lansing, MI 48824
Your hosts: Doug Neal and Jamie DePolo
Questions, comments?  [EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Roots rockin', hip-shakin', soul-swayin' music!"

Playlist for February 16, 1999

One of the great things about being broadcast on Tuesday nights is that we
get to do a Mardi Gras show every year on Mardi Gras. In addition to
warming the studio with the sounds of cajun and zydeco, we were visited
in-studio from the East Lansing band Pub Domaighn AND we played some brand,
spankin' new cuts from the Sovines, who are set to release their first
full-length album. We also gave away several pairs of passes for the
Sovines' T&T night at Mac's. Our hats go off to the Sovines, who endured 5
hours in a van with no heater to come to East Lansing and soundly blow us
away (and consume 2 cases of Pabst Blue Ribbon).  We need more folks like
them in our area code.

Format is:
Artist - Song
Album/Label

Link Wray - Rawhide (T&T Theme Song)
Walkin' With Link/Epic-Legacy

Boozoo Chavis - Don't Worry About Boozoo
Self-Titled/American Explorer

The Bluerunners - Damaged Goods
Self-Titled/Island

Beausoleil - Menage a Trois Reels
La Danse De La Vie/Forward

C.J. Chenier - Au Contraire Mon Frere
The Big Squeeze/Alligator

Buckwheat Zydeco - Allons, A Boucherie
Trouble/Mesa

Nathan & the Zydeco Cha Cha's - Zydeco Road
Follow Me Chicken/Rounder

Leo Soileau - Je T'ai Rencontre Dan Le Brouillard
Early Cajun Music/Yazoo

Delma Lancney - Je M'En Vas Dans Le Chemin
Early American Cajun Music/Yazoo

Leo Soileau - C'est Pas La Peine Tu Pleures
Early Cajun Music/Yazoo

Blind Uncle Gaspard - Assi Dan La Fenetre De Ma Chambre
Early American Cajun Music/Yazoo

Eddie Le Jeune, D.L. Menard, and Ken Smith - Dans Les Miseres
Le Trio Cadien/Rounder

Dave Alvin - A Woman's Got a Right
Museum of Heart/Hightone

Dave Alvin & The Guilty Men - Out in California
Interstate City/Hightone

Dave Alvin - Fourth of July
King of California/Hightone

Dave Alvin - From a Kitchen Table
Blackjack David/Hightone

Dave Alvin - Blue Blvd.
Blue Blvd./Hightone

Dave Alvin - Don't Talk About Her
Museum of Heart/Hightone

The Blasters - Marie, Marie
American Music/Hightone

Dave Alvin & The Guilty Men - Romeo's Escape
Interstate City/Hightone

The Sovines - Breaker, Breaker One Heart
Live Demos/self-released

The Sovines - Truck Drivin' Son of a Gun
Live Demos/self-released

The Sovines - Whiskey Bottle Now
Live Demos/self-released

The Sovines - 24-7-365
Live Demos/self-released

The Sovines - About a Hundred Years Ago
Live Demos/self-released

Red Sovine - Woman Behind the Man Behind the Wheel
Truckin' On/Starday

Hylo Brown - Truck Drivin' Man
16 Greatest Truck Drivers Hits/Deluxe

Lee Murdock - Rio Grande
Voices Across the Water/Depot

Lee Murdock - The Stomach Robber
Voices Across the Water/Depot

Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver - Mis'ry River
Quicksilver Rides Again/Sugar Hill

Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver - Carolina in the Pines
Once and For Always/Sugar Hill

The Freight Hoppers - Fall on My Knees
Waiting on the Gravy Train/Rounder

Salamander Crossing - Tear My Stillhouse Down
Live at the Iron Horse, Vol. 1/Signature Sounds

Pub Dohmaighn - Lad O'Byrnes/Swinging on a Gate
Demos

Pub Dohmaighn - Chester City
Demos

Pub Dohmaighn - Paddy Taylor's/Tear the Calico
Demos

Pub Dohmaighn - As I Roved Out
Demos

The Zukes of Zydeco - Mornin' Train
Self-Titled/Self-Released

The Colorado Cajun Dance Band - Bosco Stomp
Self-Titled/Self-Released

Zydeco Force - Everyday Talk
The Zydeco Push/Maison Soul

Rockin' Dopsie & The Zydeco Twisters - Hot Tamale Baby (Ain't That Right)
Louisiana Music/Atlantic

Steve Riley & the Mamou Playboys - La Touissaint (request)
Louisiana Live from Mountain Stage/Blue Plate

Beau Jocque & the Zydeco Hi-Rollers - My Name is Beau Jocque
My Name is Beau Jocque/Paula

Buckwheat Zydeco - Drivin' Old Grey
Takin it Home/Island

D.L. Menard - Wildwood Flower
Lousiana Spice/Rounder

David Doucet - T'en as Eu
Lousiana Spice/Rounder

The Del McCoury Band - A Far Cry
The Family/Ceili

The Del McCoury Band - The Look of a Perfect Diamond
The Family/Ceili

The Del McCoury Band - Get Down on Your Knees and Pray
The Family/Ceili

The Del McCoury Band - Red Eyes on A Mad Dog
The Family/Ceili

The Del McCoury Band - She's Left Me Again
The Family/Ceili

Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder - Might Dark to Travel
Ancient Tones/Skaggs Family

Steve Earle and The Del McCoury Band - Outlaw's Honeymoon
The Mountain/E-Squared

Mac, Doc & Del - Beauty of My Dreams
Mac, Doc & Del/Sugar Hill

Doug Neal/Jamie DePolo