Hi folks,

Thought you'd like to know about the last show from the "rockin' banks of the
River Charles" with Greg Reibman (Rockin' With Greg on WMBR, 88.10FM, MIT,
Saturdays from 10-noon).  For music fans living in Boston/Cambridge, he's
become an institution of sorts on Saturday mornings.  He's going to be missed
like crazy and if anyone will be in the area this Saturday, please stop by
-----

BTW - I'm the official "bouncer" for the rockin' sendoff!

Kate.

Dear rockin' person:

I can't believe it but it's come down to this: Twenty years and several
thousand plays of various Jonathan Richman songs later, I am about to do my
last radio show on WMBR. As I've mentioned on the air, leaving the station
was one of the most difficult decisions I ever made …and that was before I
received the flood of phone calls and e-mails for rockin' folks like
yourself.  Your support and kind words have meant so much to me. I can't
thank you enough.

Leaving WBMR is bittersweet, to say the least. I'm looking forward to
having my weekends free (I've heard from lots of listeners who say they
clean their house, listening to "Rockin' with Greg'' …who knows, maybe I'll
clean mine for a change). But I'm going to miss playing my favorite songs
for you each week and the thrill of discovering new gems by new artists
that, sadly, may not be heard anywhere else. And I'm going to miss the
calls from you all too.

Anyway, if you're free this Saturday (2/27) I'd like to invite you to join
me at the station between 11:30 am and 12:30 pm for one final "pat on the
back" and a toast at noon. And if you can't make it, I'd like to thank you
one last time now, for the support and the friendship.

Always keep rockin'
Greg Reibman

P.S. WBMR is located on Memorial Drive in Cambridge, halfway between the
Mass. Ave and Longfellow bridges. It's a big building with pillars and
tennis courts right next too it. (Nothing else looks like this, and it's
usually not too hard to find parking on Saturday morning.) We're in the
basement of that building, enter using one of the side doors. The Kendall
Square T is the closest stop. Ames Street is the cross street next to the
tennis courts. If you need more info  check out
<http://whereis.mit.edu/bin/map?locate=walker> or write back.

P.S.S. And for those interested, here's my list from my last countdown show…

The rockinest songs of 1998
WMBR's Rocking With Greg show

1. Lucinda Williams "Car Wheels on a Gravel Road'' (Car Wheels on a Gravel
Road) Mercury
2. Robbie Fulks "Let's Kill Saturday Night'' (Let's Kill Saturday Night)
Geffin
3. Billy Bragg and Wilco "California Stars'' (Mermaid Avenue) Elektra
4. Duane Jarvis "Far From Perfect'' (Far From Perfect)  Watermelon
5. Dan Bern "Chick Singers'' (Fifty Eggs) Work
6. Mavericks "Dance the Night Away'' (Trampoline) MCA
7. Terri Bright "Mostly Wonderful'' (I'll Tell Lies) Bully
8. Arthur Dodge & Horsefeathers "Birmingham'' (Cadillacs, Ponytails & dirty
Dreams) Barber's Itch Records
9. Mary Lou Lord "Lights are Changing'' (Got No Shadow)
10. Eddy Lawrence "Just Down the Road from Shania Twain'' (Guitars, Guns
and Groceries) Snowplow Records
11. Derailers "Tears in Your Eyes'' (Reverb Delux) Watermelon/Sire
12. Nanci Griffith with Lucinda Williams "Wings of a Dove'' (Other Voices
Too) Elektra
13. Paved Country "Don't Even Think About It'' (Paved Country) none
14. Kevin Gordon "Company Car'' Shanachie
15. Mary Gauthier "Ways of the World" (Dixie Kitchen) RG Music
16. Ruthie & the Wranglers "He's a Honky Tonk Man'' (Life's Savings) Lasso
17. Angry Johnny and Killbillies "American Girl'' (What's So Funny) Tar Hut
18. Sue Foley "Give My Love to You'' (Ten Days in November) Shanachie
19. Amy Rigby "All I Want'' (Middlescence) Koch
20. Dwight Yoakam "Same Fool'' (Along Way to Go)  Reprise
21. Jimmie Vaughan "The Ironic Twist'' (Out There) Epic
22. High & Lonesome "Come Back'' (For Sale or Rent) Trailer Records
23. Barrence & the Movers "If the Shoe Fits (no title) none
24. Anna Egge "River Under the Road'' (River Under the Road) Lazy Sob
25. Willie Nelson "The Maker'' (Theatro) Island

Thanks again. I hope to see you Saturday.