lance davis wrote:

> >I think it is a good sign that Lucinda got a grammy. It means there is
> >still more than one way to skin that cat.
>
> >Joe Gracey
>
> I agree, but to play devil's advocate, couldn't it also be asserted that she
> skinned an underfed, underappreciated, stray cat (contemporary folk), as
> opposed to, say, a fat, slow-footed, well-taken-care-of cat (mainstream
> country). Or, how good a sign is it really when the music establishment
> consigns Lucinda to a Grammy category that isn't respected enough to even
> televise? However, had she won for best female country album (or whatever
> the category is), now THAT would've been a sign. Just wondering stuff.
>
> Lance . . .

Well, yeah, we all wish what Lucinda is doing would be called Hot New
Country, but it doesn't sell well enough yet to break that door down. I
think "Contemporary Folk" has become a haven for many of us who are
actually doing modern country music, no matter what the grammys choose
to call it.
--
Joe Gracey
President-For-Life, Jackalope Records