> Speaking of Jones and Paycheck: Paycheck played Van Howard to George for
> some time, and it's been argued that some of Jones' weirdest phrasing was
> a direct result of trying to anticipate what Paycheck was gonna do, or
> vice versa. John Weisberger, correct me if I'm wrong..

That's been the claim - in fact, the notes to Paycheck's Little Darlin' comp
take it even further; speaking of Paycheck & Jones they read: "it remains a
matter of debate as to who influenced whom."

I'm not necessarily buying that, but it is a good opportunity to plug
(again) an under-appreciated Paycheck album, his 1996 Johnny Paycheck Sings
George Jones, on K-tel, which interestingly enough is comprised mostly of
songs Jones did for Musicor.  Yum.

Jon Weisberger  Kenton County, KY [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://home.fuse.net/jonweisberger/