> > http://www.dallasobserver.com/1999/current/music1.html
>
> Interesting piece Jerald, thanks. But aside from Wilonsky's occasional
> editorializing, where's the controversy from it?
>
> b.s.

  There's a little steam rising over on Postcard.  I would say that anyone who
claims Jay Farrar has written not only the same album three times over, but
the same song, what, 35 times over since forming Son Volt, doesn't really have
a clue.  In terms of the interview itself, I think some people wonder why Jeff
Tweedy has to drag out the sour grapes every time Uncle Tupelo comes up in
conversation.  I do sometimes think it's about time he got over it, rather
than inventing new ways of expressing the bitterness he feels towards Farrar
every time.

Oh well.

Stevie

np - Son Volt, Left a Slide.  Which, if you think about it, sounds just like
Route, Straightface and Way Down Watson...