>A word of caution here:  I've found all of the alt-country releases
>eminating out of Portland to be less than pleasing.
>Sorry, Golden Delicious, nor Bingo...
>Jerry

Jerry-
The one time I saw those Bingo kids here in NYC they struck me and I think
other P2ers on hand as at least having potential...yeah, they'd been
listening to their Son Volt and Golden Smog real, real close...but some
pleasing musical sounds were popping out (even after a long road trip to
get here)...and I thought they at least had potential if the songwriting
started to take off...  You've probably seen them more often thougg. Nothin
doing'?  Anybody else have anything to report on 'em?

BTW:  Dave Alvin just plain shook the packed Bowery Ballroom here last
night--and Robbie Fulks joined in at the end, plus there was a surprise
little  Motown cowboy  set from Chris Gaffney...Fulks is till doing the
acoustic thing...but the current Guilty Men (half Skeletons, on drums and
keyboards) joined him for a few numbers at the end of the set.  We have now
heard Robbie Fulks perform Dancing Queen and  the Hollie's ol' "On a
Carousel" electric.   In dead earnest.  I knew you'd all want to know.

Barry