I think some of the most exciting bands Ive heard in a while are coming out
of Portland - it feels like North Carolina did a few years ago (and still
does for that matter)...maybe he should skip bands advertising themselves as
alt.country and just see one of the many promising young bands like - 44
Long, Richmond Fontaine, Pete Krebs & the Gossamer Wings, Little Sue,
Fernando, Pinehurst Kids, Elliot *frickin* Smith and more...