>OK, OK, finally I just have to ask "WHY?!!!"  I just don't get it.  Why do
>people love for country or alt.country bands or so-called alt.country bands
>to do covers of godawful cheesy rock songs?  Why do people respond to these
>more than they do to the, OK, I'm going to say it, "real" songs?

>Dina

Never one to pass up an opportunity to state the obvious, I believe the
answer to this one is, "Because it sounds good." Covers can be fun, ya know,
and I believe that's just as important as earnestness or "keeping it real."
And as far as "Jet" is concerned, I think this song is actually one of his
finest moments in and out of the Fabs. BUT, aside from his first album and
Band on the Run--neither of which are flawless masterpieces, anyway--don't
even get me started on the guy.

BTW: does anyone in the Pacific Northwest know if the band the Model Rockets
are extant?? They used to do a great cover of this song, which got me to
thinking of their Cheap Trick-ish selves.

Lance . . .