[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Just wondering whether Jesse Taylor made any "best" lists for his
> fine work over the years (the strong arm of the acoustic guitar
> world)? If you've ever seen him with Ely you know how his ability
> to shape a song is unmatched.

Well, he certainly figures in my personal list.

I had the pleasure of seeing him perform a few years ago up in
Glasgow, Scotland, with 'Don McAlister Jr. and his Cowboy Jazz
Revue'. Jesse Taylor is a big, strong man, and he could alternately
thrash the hell out of the acoustic guitar when the song required
it, while, in the next second, switch to playing with the most
amazing delicacy and tenderness. Beautiful to listen to, and to
watch.

That same night, he was wearing black from head to toe, but had
on a very nice vest: black (again), but covered with lots of
brightly coloured pictures of electric guitars. From first
sight, it was clear that the guy meant business ...

 |    C-oo   Department of Automatic Control & Systems Engineering  |
 |    \  >   The University of Sheffield, Sheffield, England        |
 +---  \_v   e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]  --------------------+