"Ferguson, Dan" wrote:

> Jon wrote:
>
> >>  Oh, and finally, one thing that's bugging me half to death... Earle's
> mentioned a number of times that Del and the guys brought back the use of
> one mike, but speaking in terms of national acts, that honor (such as it is)
> really belongs to Doyle Lawson.  <<
>
> And if I remember correctly, Hot Rize made pretty good use of the single
> mike when they were a bluegrass entity.
>
> Boudin Dan

One mic is cool because the singers mix themselves into a coherent,
single sound. This is a far superior sound than when a soundperson tries
to take 3 or 4 mics and mix it and the monitors into a fake blend.
People sing more in tune, they sing together, and they sing better.
--
Joe Gracey
President-For-Life, Jackalope Records