>Sorry, this ain't so on-topic, but does anyone know of a website that might be
>devoted to the Yiddish language? I'm finishing up a piece on Chuck E. Weiss
>and must find something resembling proper spelling (or at least the most
>widely accepted spelling) of a couple words: mushagas and tookis. Chuck's
>really in to the Yiddish thing, if in a kitsch way.

>Neal E. Weiss (no relation)

Uh..I do, actually..except it's all tranliteration, so they don't
definitely do any better'n you, Neil.  Try this:

http:///www.ariga.com/yiddish.htm#sx

alternately, maaybe:

http://www.pass.to

Barry.

Not sure if you meant "mishuhgoss" (craziness")  or some plural form of
"mishugga" (crazy).  Now, can a klezmer band be good if it plays sitting on
its collective tookis?