First off, I'm at The Kettles (pet name for my parents' house) while they're
on vacation, doing laundry and stuff there, and flipping cable channels
around, and CMT's Delivery Room is on.  UNGH! There's this video of a song
"Single White Female" (I didn't even bother to check the artist) with the
singer(s) on a bus flaunting their braless chests and tight behinds around. My
God, Country Spice Girl World.  I'm sorry, but I'm no longer a sexually
repressed 16 year old into MTV erotica (I'm now a sexually repressed 34 year
old into yanking the strings off my Telecaster at the end of a set).
Next scan, and the program's still on, this time with Shania Twain (no
relation to Mark, Thank God) doing her latest, and the video concept is a
ripoff of the Robert Palmer "Addicted To Love" video.  Musical appendix burst.
And people ask me when they go into my basement recording studio why I have a
picture of Shania with the red circle/slash traffic symbol over it.  All of
the meals that I ate on the Gravel Train mini-tour are now coming back to
haunt me bowelly.

Now the Pittsburgh/Twangburgh question: Who was the guy that introduced the
bands at the Rosebud on Friday night.  It's bene bugging me for a while, he
just looked like a reject from the Broadway cast of "Grease".

Mitch Matthews
Gravel Twain (oops, see what happens when I get worked up), I mean,
Train/Sunken Road