Lowell Kaufman wrote:

> > > What label is this on? It sounds like a bootleg to me. I understand that
> > > Lou Ann has a new record coming out on Antone's later this year. I don't
> > > think this is it. And YES! the woman can SING!
> > > Jim, smilin'
> >
> > It's a boot. Somebody has done it and my Stevie/Lou Ann sessions too. Bastards.
>
> It very well may be a boot - the label is called MIG or something like
> that. BUT it says on the cd "woth permission from Home Cookin records" (I
> think it's home cookin -I don't have the cd handy today).  Also, it seems
> to be getting decent distrbution - not like something you find in the
> "import" section of some stpres.  Amazon or cdnow has it for sale too.
>
> So while it may be a boot, it has a little bit of legitimacy to it (so
> acts like it does). But it's cheaply packaged like a boot and the sesions
> are often bootlegged (having explored a Stevie Ray Vaughn site about it).
>
> lookin forward to a new cd from hers on Antones in any case.
>
> keep dancing,
> -ldk

Yeah, I have the CD in front of me and it says "Licensed from Home Cookin Records"
and it is on the M.I L. Multimedia label from Englewood, NJ. None of which proves it
aint a boot, I realize, but at any rate that's what the bastards printed on the
product. And I found this, featured quite prominently, at Border's.

Dallas

np Billy Jack Wills & His Western Swing Band (and looking mighty damn forward to
that new release--whoo hoo!)