Brad quotes the notes from Spadella!:

> "Cooley signed with Decca in 1950.  Now augmented by a string
> section, his band swelled to 25 pieces.  Their overwrought
> recordings bore little resemblance to the spirited country swing
> of their earlier heyday...

Which, IMO, is a little harsh, though probably fitting right in with, er,
certain sensibilities.  I've got a tape of Cooley TV shows around somewhere,
and though there's certainly some overwrought stuff on it, a lot of it is
definitely spirited country swing, albeit with more of a pop sheen.

Jon Weisberger  Kenton County, KY [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://home.fuse.net/jonweisberger/