[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> <<.Bravo Todd, for standing up for what you believe in. If it gets inside your
> soul, it gets inside your soul. So be it. That's what art's all about.
> Sometimes all this dissection and reactionary analysis and over-
> intellectualization and other stuff is just plain silly, and missing the mark.
> Do ya like the music or not? That's the question worth answering.
>
> .

This is the "there's no accounting for taste" argument.  Or the "Just" school of
cultural economy. "Hey, it just is, man."  While appealing (and to some extent
true when it comes to that driving sexual beat <g>), the question seems hardly
worth asking outside the context of whos being asked, whos askin, and all the
whys.  Oops, sorry, reactionary over-intellectualization there.  But sometimes I
would like to know why those twangy sounds are so damned appealing to me, and so
annoying to most of my acquainteces (only twangsters get the friend designation).