-----Original Message-----
From: Bluegrass music discussion. [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On
Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, March 09, 1999 9:10 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Report On Charles Wolfe

I'm delighted to report that noted Country Music and Grand Ole Opry
historian
Dr. Charles Wolfe is slowly but successfully recuperating from his recent
heart failure. He's still in a Nashville hospital but is ambulatory and
expected to return soon to his museum of a home.

But when he's home, Charles will not be able to take phonecalls or visits
for
some time. Cards would be welcome--especially funny ones--at his home: 1210
Bond Court, Murfreesboro TN 37129.

Let''s hope Charles will be well enough to be involved in the promotion of
his
soon to be published "A Good Natured Riot," a history of the Grand Ole Opry
from 1925 to the late '30s. It's being published by Vanderbilt University
Press and is an exhaustive rewrite of his "Grand Ole Opry, the Early Years"
that was published in England in the 60s. Then Dr. Wolfe has to get back to
work on his long-anticipated biography of the Grand Ole Opry's first super-
star and pioneer country music recording artist: Uncle Dave Macon. We also
look forward to Charles' judging next July at Murfreesboro's annual Uncle
Dave
Macon Days...

Get better soon, Charles!!

BILL KNOWLTON: "BLUEGRASS RAMBLE," WCNY-FM: Syracuse, Utica, Watertown NY
(since 1973)

"Well, I finally got me ONE good daughter in law, which means I got a
hundred
'cause the other two are ZEROS!"--Uncle Dave Macon