On Thu, 04 Mar 1999 18:19:57 +0000 Dallas Clemmons said:
>Some time back there was a question here about Jann Browne...for those
>of you in the SoCal area, she will be playing tomorrow (Friday) night at
>the Coach House in San Juan Capistrano with Chris Gaffney and Patty
>Booker. (There's a short piece in today's LA  Times about Browne and
>Gaffney, if you want to check out the web site or perhaps, ahem, someone
>could clip it) and will also be in San Juan Capistrano next weekend,
>appearing (for free) at the Swallow's Inn on March 12 and 13.

   I was the one who asked about Jann Browne a couple of weeks back so I
might as well add that any of you WestCoast SoCalers should definitely
check her out this weekend if you didn't already.  Her 1st album is pretty
much flawless and her other two are pretty solid as well.  And truly one of
the most underappreciated singers in alt-country/country/whatever over the last
10-15 years.  Somewhere between Neko Case and Emmylou.  I'm pretty sure all
her stuff is out of print, but if you see 'em in a cutout bin somewhere,
definitely pick them up.
                                      Evan

p.s. So how was the show? Also, is she living in California now? I thought
she had moved to Nashville.