In a message dated 3/9/99 4:22:16 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<<Do any of the DC-area contingent know if the Black Cat does
advanced ticket sales? Specifically, I'm going to see Steve
'n Del at the Birchmere on Thurs. 3/18 and wanted to pop
over to see Sleater-Kinney at the Black Cat after the show.
What time do shows start there? I'm assuming fairly
late...and assuming it'll be hard to get into.>>

Generally shows start at 9, and it's actually a decent size place for a DC
club, so you may not have any trouble getting in, esp. since it's on a
weeknight. My experience has been that they'll sell tickets provided they have
released the show info publicly, so you should have no problem getting a
ticket ahead of time. The number of the Black Cat is 202-667-7960 or you can
get tickets thru the always evil Ticketmaster. Sleater-Kinney should be a
worthwhile show -- I've seen them a couple times and they've always been good.

Shannon