from BGRASS-L

>>> Mary Yeomans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 03/10 9:24 AM

     Latest news:  George Jones is not only breathing on his own now,
but  sat up in bed for awhile since my last report.  Folks in our Public
Affairs office said jokingly that he must have about 2 million best
friends and long-lost relatives:  that's about how many calls they've
had from folks who just HAD to get in to see him personally, or
hand-deliver a get well card.  But he's in the trauma unit, so you can
know that didn't happen.

     Jones' tour bus is here in the patient parking area for his wife
Nancy and close friends to relax in.  And stars after stars have dropped
in to visit and lend support (not clear if they actually got in to see
the Possum).

     WSM-AM 650, as many of you know, was great when Monroe died, and
when various other legends died, but I've been enjoying the heck out of
all the Jones they've been playing since George's accident.  And George
has a radio in his room tuned to...WSM-AM 650!!  It seems like every 5
or 10 minutes they report on his condition and they've been playing lots
of the songs he's made famous (and some deep-catalog stuff, too, thanks
to folks like Eddie Stubbs).  The best part is that he's still alive,
and we can hope that he'll live to record a whole bunch more!!

     Last night on News Channel 5 in Nashville they featured a live
clip on the opening of the museum in Bristol!  I was proud that a shot
of Jim and Jesse was featured, as well as mention that Jim and Jesse
were there to celebrate the opening.

     Nashville is far more open to hard country and bluegrass and
mountain music than many of you are willing to believe.  WSM-AM, in
particular, always includes a fair share of George Jones material on the
air.

     [EMAIL PROTECTED]