For Jenni: <g>
Well, that was a short retirement.
After announcing his intention to do just that late last year, gonzo
guitarist and former radio personality Ted Nugent has
decided to trash his AARP card in favor of a full workload that will give
him a greater presence on the road and in record racks
than he's had in quite some time.
Already this year, Nugent is immersed in recording a solo album and a third
 album with Damn Yankees, both of which are
 expected to be released before the end of 1999. Nugent is also headlining
the Rock Never Stops tour of amphitheaters this
summer, which features Night Ranger, Quiet Riot, and Slaughter. Meanwhile,
his glory days will be recounted with the late spring
release of remastered and expanded editions of his first three solo albums
Ted Nugen, Free-For-All, and Cat Scratch Fever
along with an Amboy Dukes collection titled Loaded for Bear. A similarly
improved version of his best-of set, Great Gonzos, is
expected out during the fall.
"I hate retirement," Nugent says with a laugh. "I really was planning on
retiring; I had a couple of commitments I had to fulfill, like
the Metallica New Year's Eve thing [at the Pontiac Silverdome near
Detroit], and I did have another record with Damn Yankees.
So now I'm doing anti-retirement stuff, I guess."