-----Original Message-----
From: Walker, Jason <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>I think the song in question is one by Melbourne band Hunters & Collectors
>called "Throw Your Arms Around Me" -

Can't comment on the Split Enz tie in, but damn it did my heart good to see
H&C name here.  Brought me right back to that club I got into somehow (when
I was 16) in Toronto ...something like 13 of them were crammed into an area
normally laid out for four or five.  This, my friends, is what "tight"
describes outside the bluegrass borg.  Technically I don't think I've ever
been as amazed by a rock band.  That night was magical, and many years later
while working in a record store my label rep brought the singer Mark in to
meet me (I guess I was the *only* person who knew anything about the band)
and the three of us talked for hours...me, a lowly store manager...shooting
the breeze with one of my musical heroes<g>.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane,

Stacey

Hellcountry "supporting the Boston area twang scene"
http://www.hellcountry.com  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>