Rob Ickes (of the bluegrass band Blue Highway) is set to release a new solo CD later
this month called "Slide City".  I just got a preview copy of the CD and it's a
smokin' slab of plastic, let me tell you.

I haven't heard it enough to do a formal review, but this release finds Rob tackling
jazz oriented material (Herbie Hancock's "Watermelon Man" Miles Davis' "New Blues",
Larry Carlton's "Don't Give It Up") backed for the most part by piano, drums and bass
.  Guests include Tim O'Brien, Suzanne and Sidney Cox on vocals on one tune each, and
Joe Craven on mandolin and percussion on several tracks.

If you are expecting bluegrass, you'll be disappointed.  If you like jazz guitar,
you'll probably enjoy this a whole bunch.  It's really good.