At 11:10 AM -0800  on 3/12/99, Brad Bechtel passed along an article
that said:

>Sources say the format will have a security feature built in, but reports
>are mixed as to MS Audio 4.0's e-commerce capability. Some believe the
>format will launch with commerce functions built in; others say it's not
>clear how far along Microsoft is with commercial applications.

Very far, I'd say, considering the headlines Microsoft has made about
its invasions of privacy this week. Every document created by their
applications has information about the user and the user's system
embedded in it, and that information is sent to microsoft.com. I'd say
doing the same for an audio player would be child's play to the company.

Bob