> Jon wrote:
>
>>>  Which reminds me that the very first Charlie Sizemore album,
> Gravel Road
> (1988), has recently been reissued on CD; I don't recall whether
> it's on Old
> Homestead or Rutabaga (the former owns the latter).  <<
>
> It's Rutabaga and BTW, a new release is way overdue.  Damn that guy's a
> talent.

Don't expect one any time soon.  Charlie let go of his band and stopped
booking a few months ago (Danny Barnes - no - is now playing mandolin and
singing some with David Parmley's revamped Continental Divide).  He was
supposed to have been working on an album of Tom T. Hall songs, but I don't
think it got finished up.  He's struggled for a long time to have a music
and a law career, but it's hard to think of many people who have done that
successfully; David Crow and Blaine Sprouse are two who come to mind who
have had to cut way back.

:-(

Jon Weisberger  Kenton County, KY [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://home.fuse.net/jonweisberger/