>The show was one of the best I've seen in a club in a long time.  I was
>completely blown away.  I've also started listening to all my Varnaline CDs
>over again.  I need to get some Sparklehorse, though.
>
>The connection to alt.country was pretty darn slight.  But it certainly was
>there, beneath the wash of noise and notes.

FWIW, I too must heap praise on the latest Sparklehorse album.  I wasn'y
able to make it to the show because the Stever Earle/Del show last night
was so darn expensive, but "Good Morning Spider" has rarely left my CD
player since I bought it.

Here is a connection to alt.country, albeit tenuous.  While I was visiting
Dallas a couple of weeks ago, I picked up a copy of the Dallas Observor,
which had a full page ad for a Record store that was showcasing the
Sparklehorse album.  They described the music as "Wilco on a bad acid
trip."  Interesting...

Chad

Chad Cosper
Dept. of English