At 06:07 PM 3/15/99 -0800, you wrote:
>A couple of places (not sure if they are still around, though)
>Tiny's Boot Shop--East First just east of I35
>Cadillac Jack's--North Lamar
It's been gone awhile and Jimmy died a couple of years ago.  Not sure what
happened to all those boots.

>Allen's Boots--South Congress

This is my recommendation too.  Locally owned and nice folks and one of my
clients.  They told me some good stories about folks in town for the rodeo
coming in and seeing some of the rockers in for SXSW.

There are several of the big chain places as well, Cavenders and Sheplers.
Junior mentioned some places on S. Lamar which might be Amelia's or Flashback.

Bracing for the influx of SXSWers looking for Mexican food (Polvos on South
First, Hernandez on east 6th), boots (see above), vinyl (Musicmania and
Treasured Tracs and Antones and Waterloo) and bbq (Kruez in Lockhart, Rubys
in town, Iron Works but it's too crowded, Salt Lick in Driftwood).  What did
I leave out?

Jerald